How to get into politics


Myfather, my hero, Jack McAuliffe was the treasurer of the OnondagaCounty (N.Y.) Democratic Party. By the time I was 8, I was his topdeputy and lived, breathed politics twenty four hours a day, sevendays a week. At 23, I took a leave from Georgetown Law to bePresident Carter’s national finance director for his 1980 campaign.Despite the President’s plea not to do it, I wrestled an 8-footalligator in Florida for a $15,000 campaign donation. The rest ishistory....”

Blogger - What my father did, was to keep me out of organized crime.  He told a friend at an establishment very much like the "Soprano's" Bada Bing that I was never going to learn the business.  I didn't.  None of my siblings had that innate criminal instinct for it either, except my sister, who diligently supported billable hours for big industry~ 

 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog