Depression - a vague explanatiuon

Depression is something you live with, not by choice, an uninvited guest who visits unannounced and makes you wish you were dead!  Be it chemical, or social, self imposed or impossible to ignore, it lingers on with no permanent cure.  Suicide is not a cure it is a way out with a high price.  Think of going to a theater and watching a performance you think a waste of  your time.  You leave before it is finished.  Have you not missed anything? Was it worth staying for?  I watched The Last Picture Show when it appeared in theaters in 1971.  I was so disillusioned with the movie I left, then came back, and I was glad I returned.  The film was nominated for eight Academy Awards.  I was looking at a slice of life I felt uncomfortable with.  Real life, the one you live everyday, is no different.
If you leave before the end you might miss something terrific. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog