‘I Am Going Mad Again’


 While in the Air Force at Biloxi MS. I took a date to the drive in.  The show was, "Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
  "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? is a 1966 American drama film directed by Mike Nichols in his directorial debut. The screenplay by Ernest Lehman is an adaptation of Edward Albee's 1962 play of the same name. It stars Elizabeth Taylor as Martha, Richard Burton as George, George Segal as Nick, and Sandy Dennis as Honey.Wikipedia"  The story stuck with me for the next fifty-six years   The film could have been an adaptation of family life in Florida  Edward Albee who was the playwright was also a patient of my father   He flew to Tampa to have his teeth worked on, so I am told   From what I saw of the film they could have collaborated intellectually, but certainly not in reality.  

That's all I have to say about the movie which was not a family viewing flick  Virginia Wolfe did find a way into my mind while trying to understand an illusive self that was exposed to me by an Air Force base doctor - at the time they called it manic depression  Something like the title of this blog...  A book may not be forthcoming but there was nothing original about growing up in the fifties in a disconnected, connected famiglia (family)

A mental health diagnosis did not earn me a discharge   This was the beginning of the Viet Nam War  Military electronics school was six days a week   They needed bodies out in the field during a conflict when advisors not solders were said to be sent to battle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog