Who are we

The Person Therein   


You visit the person therein and say to him... 
Don't I know you from some far away place and time? 
Didn't you collaborate in this rhyme?

I don't think so friend, I have better things to do,         
Like muse of the misery of man and his zoo.

We barely speak much, nor chat or chatter,         
I often wonder what's the matter.

Strangers true we are!
Why have you bothered to travel so far?

    I must confess I'm lost without you, 

    and many things have cost me dearly. 

    For lack of talk with you is my most grievous sin, 

    and I repent from afar and from within.


Do not snatch at me with remorse,         
those lost days of foolishness are of course. 
        
I've been here all along,         
and died a thousand deaths in solitude forlorn.

   Just a glimpse, 
        
   Say, look this way today.         

   I'm here,
        
   I'm ready to begin.

   Knowing me is no sin.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog