Simple Smile

Simple Smile 07 23 20
Charles Mistretta

I called my brother on the phone
We talked of this and that
It didn't really matter
The idea was just the chat

He called me back on Facetime
without a face to share
What made him hide remains a question
That I did not dare

Talk was done, it was fun
Time to go again 
Then in an instant he appeared
Grown old before my eyes

No ghost was he, a shy apparition
Just a smile and piercing eyes
Gone again until next time
We send a simple smile


A poem my brother John and I collaborated on. We sent it back and for.  He suggested I put it to music. I will do that when the muse comes again. 

The picture below reminds me of him because he sculpts.  I use posing software.  Maybe he will take some clay and do this one.  No one knows.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog