I came in from the wilderness, a creature



 'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
When blackness was a virtue the road was full of mudI came in from the wilderness, a creature void of formCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
And if I pass this way again, you can rest assuredI'll always do my best for her, on that I give my wordIn a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warmCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Not a word was spoken between us, there was little risk involvedEverything up to that point had been left unresolvedTry imagining a place where it's always safe and warmCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hailPoisoned in the bushes an' blown out on the trailHunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the cornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' thereWith silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hairShe walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thornsCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Now there's a wall between us, somethin' there's been lostI took too much for granted, I got my signals crossedJust to think that it all began on an uneventful mornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Well, the deputy walks on hard nails and the preacher rides a mountBut nothing really matters much, it's doom alone that countsAnd the one-eyed undertaker, he blows a futile hornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
I've heard newborn babies wailin' like a mournin' doveAnd old men with broken teeth stranded without loveDo I understand your question, man, is it hopeless and forlornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
In a little hilltop village, they gambled for my clothesI bargained for salvation and she gave me a lethal doseI offered up my innocence I got repaid with scornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Well, I'm livin' in a foreign country but I'm bound to cross the lineBeauty walks a razor's edge, someday I'll make it mineIf I could only turn back the clock to when God and her were bornCome in, she saidI'll give ya shelter from the storm
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bob Dylan
Shelter from the Storm lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

Comments

Popular posts from this blog